Friday, May 9, 2008

Children



Connor William 10/3/03
With Mother's Day coming up, I am being tested as my capability as a mother.


First Connor has been coming up with some of the strangest things. He was eating dinner last night and told us he was done. Trying to get him to eat a little more (he is a terrible eater.) I said, "It will help you grow." Wrong thing to say apparently. He started bawling like crazy. Shocked, I asked, "Connor, what is wrong?" He responded, " I don't want to grow. I just want to be a kid." Talk about ripping out my heart. I felt horrible for him. he was devastated that he had to grow up. I told him I meant it will help him grow healthy. I didn't know what to say. I can't tell him he isn't going to grow up. And he was in such a state that I couldn't even explain that it is going to take a long time for him to grow. Needless to say, he wouldn't touch his dinner after that.


Second, poor Clara is teething again. It started yesterday. She hass been drooling in gallons. I am constantly changing her clothes. Even with a bib on she is getting drenched. And she won't stop crying. She has cried herself hoarse. Poor baby. Nothing will calm her. She doesn't want to be held, she doesn't want to be put down, she just doesn't know what she wants. I gave her tylonol earlier and she just spit it out. Great. She isn't eating. Or drinking a bottle. I did put some ice water in a sippy cup and she kind of gnawed on it for awhile, but not very long. At least she got some water in her! She didn't sleep a wink last night. Which sucked for me because I worked at 5:30 this morning. I am just a little tired.


But with all of this craziness, motherhood is SO worth it! I love my kids more then I oculd ever imagine! Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies!

Clara Margaret 04/24/07

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what kids will say. How adorable!

    Hope you enjoyed your 'Mother's Day'...you deserve a good day!

    ReplyDelete