Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good ol' Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa 1945
not married yet!


My poor grandpa has been so sick the past 3 weeks or so. It all started when he had some teeth pulled. He bled for a good week and a half from his mouth. He was soaking his bed sheets with blood. And the dentist didn't seem concerned! Grrr.... Then because his mouth was bleeding and he has huge holes in his mouth he can't eat anything except a liquid diet. He can't get his dentures because his mouth is so torn up they can't align them to make them. Grrr.... So he has been SO WEAK and started using a walker. And his legs are SO SWOLLEN! AND he has been nauseous, and has been having trouble breathing. Poor guy.

So I went with my grandparents to his doctor's appointment to help him in and out of the car. The doctor decided on a blood transfusion later today. He said those are all symptoms of low something-rather that is in the blood. Yikes! I am just sick for him! He is feeling better today though. He DOES look a lot better today then he did last Thursday when I saw him. But I still feel horrible for him. I just want him 100% and not in pain! So now we are just waiting for the doctor to call with the okay to go over to the hospital! I hate waiting! All of this just because of some teeth that were pulled! And I don't think it was even necessary for them to be pulled! Just annoying... But I know he will be fine!
Clara with Great Grandpa Barney October 2007

1 comment:

  1. Beth...I'll be thinking of you guys today. Your grandpa is so sweet. Keep us updated with his condition. I'll let Andy know too!
    Amy~

    ReplyDelete