Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Haircuts and Superheroes

Before
Clara had her first (much needed) haircut today! She was moving her bangs and saying "peek-a-boo".

Seriously.
We went to Monkey Dooz in Richland (on Aaron for those of you who want to go!) and that place was great! They have little plastic jeeps that the kids can sit in and watch a movie. It was painted soooo cute too! They have a special make over section that they can have parties for little girls and do a mani-pedi, their hair, have "tea", make-up, dress up, you name it. Flipping cute. So, the place was adorable, and BONUS, Clara did perfect! She didn't cry, didn't fuss, and really could care less that a strange lady was coming at her with scissors. Things could not have gone any smoother. It was fantastic! I was soooo proud of her! And it was great because Connor went and did well just sitting there!

after

Today I am also redoing Connor's room. Kinda. When we first moved in this house Connor was 2 1/2. I did his room in a jungle theme. It was super cute, but now he is 5 1/2 and jungle animals aren't "cool". Well, back when we moved in we went to Ikea (what was that? Angels singing?) and bought some great huge picture frames for a reasonable price (they were $15 and now they are $20 which is still a GREAT deal!) Well, I didn't like any of the pictures that they were selling and thought I will go somewhere else to buy some. I couldn't find ANY to fill the bigger space in the frame, that was also SQUARE!. I was ticked. BUT I came up with buying a calendar and using those pictures! It worked perfectly! So I recently ordered a NEW superhero calendar and changed out all of the animal pictures with superheroes. Connor was SO excited! And it looks GREAT! So I redecorated Connor's room for $13! Sounds great to me! The frames are big enough to make an impact on his room! Sweet! So if you are ever in Ikea, I highly suggest going over to the frame department and picking up a few of these!

4 comments:

  1. Beth! What a great picture frame find! I'm pretty sure that was a choir of angels, by the way... we're headed there in the next couple of weeks, and this may just be the solution I was looking for for my bedroom! Thanks~ oh and Clara's hair looks just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!
    still need a big pillow though!
    GO super heros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at her getting her hair cut! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable, she knows how to work her haircut.

    ReplyDelete