Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My baby is getting bigger...

Clara turns 2 in 2 weeks!
Last week we bought Clara some Pull-Ups (for when we leave home) and big girl panties (for when we are home!) She loves them. And she loves sitting on the potty. She pretends that she is going, and then says, "All done! Paper please!" And then puts the paper in the toilet (doesn't wipe yet...) flushes the toilet and washes her hands. Then she has to go tell daddy, or Connor that she went potty on the "toe-let". She doesn't actually go for me yet, but at least she has the motions down.
Then the daycare tells me she is starting her transition into the "2's room" and is doing awesome! They even informed me that she goes potty for them! WHAT!?! She won't go for me! Oh well, at least I know she can do it! Her new teacher commented on how large her vocabulary was for her age. Then I thought about it and when Connor was in that class (he was 2 1/2 when he started there) he would barely talk. Clara won't stop talking! I think it is because she is a girl.

So THEN last night... we were in Clara's big girl bed reading (which we have been doing, but she was still sleeping in the crib) and Connor comes in and gets on the bed, crawls in, and pretends to go "night night." So Clara wants to copy her big brother and does the same thing. So she is laying in the big girl bed and has her thumb in her mouth. I quickly shoo Connor out, give her a kiss, and shut the door. And.....she falls right asleep. No problems, no noises, AT ALL! AND when she woke up this morning she stayed in bed until I came and got her!!!! i was expecting her to be pounding on her door at 5:30 this morning! WOW! I am soo proud of her! When I just put her down I asked her which bed she wanted to sleep in. And she chose her big girl bed!!! I was ready for a fight.
I am so proud of her. It seems like she is growing up so much in the last week!!!! It makes me happy to think of the prospect of no more diapers EVER! But then I am sad thinking, no more diapers, ever? Both of my babies are grown? (Well, into a toddler and 5 year old). No more babies? I have such mixed feelings about this! Yes, I am happy that she has reached several milestones this week. And yes, we know- for a fact- that we don't want any more kids (he had a vasectomy after Clara was born.) But I still am sad that I won't have any more babies. Talk about mixed emotions! Geez. Why can't my kids just stay little?
Me and Connor
Connor "all grown up"
Me and Clara
Clara "all grown up"

2 comments:

  1. its about damn time you blogged again-
    oh and TEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man oh man! It's crazy how these kids just pull at our hearstrings! It's so great when transitions go smoothly! Helps you feel better about the whole situation with hitting these milestones and {maybe} makes it a little easier to move on to the next set!
    Glad to see you blogging again too!

    ReplyDelete