Wednesday, November 19, 2008

follow the leader...


The world is obsessed. I have yet to start these books. But I may cave soon. Everyone is telling me how I HAVE to read these books. I love to read (really, I should be a librarian) but, I have a problem starting popular books solely on the fact that they are popular. It took me until the fourth book before I caved and started Harry Potter. But once I did, I was hooked. Fantastic books, by the way, read them. It's the cool thing to do. But the hype over these Twilight books has me curious. That and I talked to my friend Mellisa yesterday and we had the longest conversation about them, which I think she persuaded me to be a good little lemming and follow the rest of the clan. Did you know they take place in Washington state? I should read them just for the loyalty of my state ! HA! So if you HAVE read these, I need your opinions as well.

While on the subject of books; I was talking to Jess and she suggested I start a book club. How great would THAT be? She is a genius! (Can you tell I KNOW she is reading this?!?) But that would be fun. The only problem (and kind of a huge one) is I have a hard time finding the time to read. Thank you kids and work. When I read, it is right before I go to bed and I have the hardest time putting books down. Once I start, I don't want to stop. So I would never have the book read in time. So, while a great idea, probably not going to happen! LOVE the idea though! ;)

I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves.

I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

-Dwight (The Office)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I have thought about getting some people together and doing an online book club - but haven't really looked into it yet. Let me know how those books are! I am reading "The Red Tent." Also amazing.

    Can you please send me daily Dwight Schrute quotes? That made my day. And today consists of the most out of control 5th grade class ever. While they were supposed to be writing, I heard one kid singing the alphabet, and one kid asked me "Mrs. McKinney, what does space food taste like?" AAHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost done with book #2. They are GOOD!! I read all the Harry Potter...I do have to say that HP is better...but I have fallen quite hard for a vampire! :)

    I'd love to do a book club!!! Read the classics...

    Love the blog too!!

    ReplyDelete