Monday, March 16, 2009

Hakuna Matata!

The past few weeks have been insane for me! I worked like crazy (meaning 40 hours, I know, I am spoiled when I work my normal 25-ish) but I worked 7 days in a row (again, big time for me) and had a weekend off! Crazy concept, I know. It was so nice to have a weekend off without using vacation time, and not having to go anywhere. just spend time with the family, relaxing. It was wonderful! Then that Sunday both kids got sick. Of course. My mom came down to watch them while Austin and I worked. (How nice!) And on Wednesday, thank goodness they were better, because as soon as I got off work mom, Connor, and I drove over to my sister's house in the Seattle area for some fun. Clara and Daddy stayed home. Thursday we went to see the Lion King. It was AMAZING! The singing, dancing, costumes...EVERYTHING. Connor LOVED it. He did so good being quiet during the performance. I think it was because he was speechless. He loved that he knew the songs, and who the characters were. It was a phenomenal show. If you EVER get the chance to see it, you MUST go! We even got to meet Scar, Pumba, and the kids who played young Nala and Simba. Connor got his picture with Nala and Simba, I will eventually scan it into my computer and post it. Those are some talented kids!!!It was so great that I barely noticed that I was getting sick. We went to the Seattle Center and went to the Pacific Science Center (fun!). Connor wanted so badly to go up the Space Needle but it cost $16 for adults, and $10 for kids?!?! ummm.... the Science Center was cheaper and you can actually DO stuff. No just go on an elevator ride. I told him, "maybe next time...." Yikes that's expensive. We enjoyed the Science Center, so he didn't feel like he was missing out. My mom knew I wasn't feeling well when we were on our way home on Friday, stopped in North Bend for lunch and she asked, "Do you want to go over to the outlet mall?" I, apparently insane from my allergy/sinus infection/ tonsillitis/ flu, said, "no." That made me realize how crappy I was feeling. As soon as we got home, I called in sick to work for the next day and slept. And slept. And slept. On Saturday, I woke up, took a shower, read the paper, and then needed another nap. Seriously. Sunday was the same thing. Ick. I feel crappy today but I am FORCING myself to go to work. I hope I make it through my whole shift. I can work through the allergy crap it is the need to nap that I am worried about. I hope I don't get there and want to pass out. Wish me luck! Speaking of work, I better stop blogging and start getting ready! Hakuna Matata!

Even though it is blurry, I thought it was cute. Clara on a very important telephone call.

2 comments:

  1. How Fun! I would love to see the lion king! Maybe sometime soon =) Oh well. Im glad you guys had fun. Are you feeling better at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like SUCH fun! So glad you were able to go and have that special time! Glad to see you're back in the blogosphere!
    <3

    ReplyDelete