Thursday, September 25, 2008

W.O.W.

No, not World of Warcraft. We went to see Wings Over Washington with Katie, Aiden, and Eli. What fun! The Canadian Snowbirds, who are similar to the Blue Angels, were there and it was great! The kids LOVED it. Even the babies (well they are almost a year and a half old, but still babies!!) loved it! Connor kept freaking out, "They are going to crash!" I had to reassure him that they weren't. They also had a F-15? there. Wow, that thing was LOUD! I had to cover poor Clara's ears.
They had a ton of stuff going on there too. They had the Tri-City Americans hockey team there signing autographs, with Winger the mascot. They had multiple forms of military recruiting, they had food booths, vintage planes to show, and radio stations parked everywhere. I didn't realize that these air shows had so much in them!!
My favorite part was the US Cellular Phone guy in costume. He comes over to shake Connor's hand and the kids want to give him a hug. So the guy gets down on his knees to give the kids a hug. Ahhh, how sweet.
Then the poor guy, as he is getting up, trips over his huge clown-like shoes and almost falls on top of Aiden and Connor. The kids are scared to death. I am not sure if they thought they were being attacked by a giant cell phone or what. But I have never laughed so hard in my life. It was priceless. Where is a video camera when you need one? YouTube anyone? I felt embarrassed for the guy. Connor and Aiden are asking, "why did he do that?" And I replied, ""if I had to walk around in those huge shoes I would fall too." The cell phone pointed to his shoes and gave me a thumbs up. I have to give this guys props, during the whole fiasco, he still didn't talk. I would've yelled out an obscenity. The only way it could have been better is if he yelled "shit!" while toppling over. Anybody else go to the air show last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment