Friday, October 3, 2008

5 years ago...


Connor is 5 years old today. He thinks that since yesterday, his arms are getting longer.

I am not kidding.

He truly believes his arms are longer today, because now he is 5. He isn't getting taller. He just has longer arms.

Whatever. I don't get it. He's 5, logic has nothing to do with it.

But he is one proud kid today telling EVERYONE that it is his birthday. We have been to McDonald's, Blockbuster and Costco and every single person in all of those places knows that Connor is having a birthday today. And then he usually adds, "but it's not Clara's birthday, just mine." OK, come April he will have to realize that it is JUST Clara's birthday, and not his. Oh well.

I am a proud mom. And a little sad that he is growing up. He is starting to do little things that make him so grown up to me. Like doing most things by himself. I am at the point that I LOVE when he has to ask me for help with something because I feel like he is still my baby boy.

Connor is one of the funniest children I know. Yea, I am a little biased, but the things that come out of that kid's mouth have me laughing so hard tears are streaming down my face. For instance; Clara was being naughty and Connor tells on her, I tell him, "mind your own business." I put her in time out and she starts to sing (big no-no; if you are in time out at our house, you can't talk unless it is to say "sorry") and I can feel Connor ready to freak out that she is talking in time out. So I just look at him waiting for the explosion. He says, "What? I am minding the businesses, and I didn't tell you that Clara is talking." Oh my... He comes up with things like that all the time.

Happy Birthday my little turkey! (By the way, when I call him my little turkey he replies, "I'm not a turkey, I'm a kid!" I love you to pieces!!!!
1 week old
2 years old
5 years old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment