Monday, October 27, 2008

Mommy used to watch that when she was a little girl...

Connor is probably so sick of hearing that. We were flipping through channels on one of our dreary days and I saw that ET was on. Connor loved it. I even thought he might be getting teary-eyed at the end.

He told me he wants Santa Claus to bring it at Christmas. Then I got all excited that he liked watching the classics, so I pulled out Mary Poppins. He LOVED it!

He thought Dick Van Dyke was the funniest thing he has ever seen. I was so stoked that he loved it. A few days later, I tried looking for our Wizard of Oz dvd, but it seems to be lost. So, we watched The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, with Ashanti. Close enough. He still liked it. And Toto is a prawn, not a dog. And he speakes with a Mexican accent. Hilarious.


And last night after dinner, we watched The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. He thought that one was a little scary. But Austin and I enjoyed it! HA HA!! Then we were talking about all of the great cartoons that we watched as kids. Remember Lambert, the sheepish lion?

Fan-freaking-tastic!

What other cartoons/movies do you remember loving as a child?

1 comment:

  1. Great movie choices! We watched ET last year and Cole loved it! Some other movies...
    Parent Trap (the original)
    Freaky Friday (the orginal)
    Space Camp...I loved this movie!!
    Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    Goonies...

    oh, I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete