Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mommy isn't ready for curiosity...

My kids take a bath together. They are young, and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Well, Connor and Clara were standing next to the tub, naked, waiting for the water to fill up. Connor asks me, "mommy, where is Clara's tinkler (his word for penis)?"

I froze.

WHAT?!? I was NOT expecting that!!!

But I remained calm on the outside and answered, "Clara doesn't have a tinkler."

"Where did it go? Is it in her butt?" Seriously, he said that.

"She is a girl, and girls don't have tinklers. Just boys."

"Oh." Then he stands with his hand on his hips (remember, completely naked) and claims, "I am a boy! I have a tinkler!"

Oh great, he is five and already proud of it! Typical male. I just told him to get in the bathtub. Then he completely forgot about it and splashed around not worried at all.

Yikes. I believe I handled it the right way. Just answer with basic answers. No details. Now I have two questions.

First, what do you call a vagina to a little kid? (I wasn't going to give what Clara has a name, just yet!) I don't remember calling it anything as a child. And I think the word "vagina" is to...I don't know...medical?

Second, how old should I stop them bathing together? I asked a friend at work and she thinks because Connor asked about Clara's missing tinkler that should be my first sign, and quit now. I have no clue. What is your thoughts on the situation?

I need advice!!!!

HELP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment