Tuesday, December 16, 2008

-5 degrees

Not kidding. That is what weather.com told me it was when I woke up at 6:30. MINUS FIVE degrees. Ridiculous. It snowed Sunday and yesterday. I hate when it snows. Why? Because the Tri-Cities apparently thinks it is silly to invest in more than ONE snow plow. Or sander. At 10:15 AM yesterday I was driving the kids to daycare and a street in front of a school was not plowed. Really West Richland? In front of a SCHOOL?!? And as of 9:45 last night, my ROUNDABOUT wasn't plowed. There was BARELY sand on it. Wow! Where cars traveled on main roads, it was fine, but if you turn onto ANY side street, it was compact snow. Gross.I love the snow when it is not on the streets. IT is so scary to drive in this crap. I am confident of MY skills while driving in this mess. It is the other people that freak me out. I had a huge truck barrel past me (they ARE indestructible by the way, screw everyone else) only to see him spun out about a mile down. He was fine, but I have to admit I had some satisfaction seeing that! And I am bummed that it is to cold for my kids to go play in the snow. So by the time it warms up to play outside it will be extremely dirty snow. Bummer. By the way, our high temp today is supposed to be 17 degrees. Break out the shorts and flip flops! HA!

How are you all handling this weather?

2 comments:

  1. I happen to love the snow - because when it snows over here you know what that means.....NO SCHOOL! Ha! We have had late start for the past two days because it has been 17 degrees. I brought my scrapbooking stuff to school and also got some presents wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got alot of snow here. But i like it alot. It forces me to have to stay home. I dont really mind, Tom drives like a Maniac in the snow and id rather not risk my life just to go to safeway =).

    ReplyDelete