Friday, December 12, 2008

Mmmm cookies and pickles...

Italian Chocolate Spice cookies, Sm'ookies, and Chocolate Macadamia Nut Macaroons*



So Jess had her Cookie Party last night. Mmmmmm.... what a great calorie filled night. These are my cookies that I made! There are some more pictures of the party at Jessica's site and at Amy's site. Including a GREAT one of me at Jessica's! HA! Wonderful! Also, I wanted to post a picture of my pickle. I told Amy I would! So here you go! If you don't have a pickle for your tree, you need one. It is essential. And grr, I can't take a picture with our little camera tonight and Austin has the other "good" cameras at a wedding he is working at. So deal with this sad blurry picture of my pickle.
Here's the pickle “legend” from one Web site: “A very old Christmas eve tradition in Germany was to hide a pickle [ornament] deep in the branches of the family Christmas Tree. The parents hung the pickle last after all the other ornaments were in place. In the morning they knew the most observant child would receive an extra gift from St. Nicholas. The first adult who finds the pickle traditionally gets good luck for the whole year.”
Thank you Amy for sharing this great tradition with us ! It is a great one! And it is hilarious! I love when people ask, "Is that a pickle on your tree?" "Why YES it is!"



*If you want a recipes for any of these yummy cookies, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I saw this. I have 3 pickles on my tree so the kids wouldnt fight over who found it. I bought them right after luke was born. They do make for an "interesting" conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete