Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside...

Amy P. (hostess) Amy C. (lunch lady) and Nicole
Today was fun fun fun! We went to the Purvis' house and played, decorated cookies, watched a movie, and made mini pizzas (thanks Amy C!!) Mmmmmm. It was a blast. There were a TON of kids there (I missed the total count. Amy? Did you get it?) It was so much fun and now BOTH of my kids were super happy to lay down and take a nap. Clara didn't make it to the end of the street before passing out! Totally fine by me! It was so nice to spend time with adults and NOT be at work!
Peyton, Ethan, Alec, and Connor
And for the kids to playing with other kids that they don't normally see (except Zoe and Hannah, but we love them!) Clara about had a heart attack when she saw Jess. She started screaming, "ZOE?!?" She was sooo excited to see her. She also had a little jealously when I was holding Hannah and Collin. She instantly wanted me to pick her up. Funny. She has never done that before. She got over it though.
Waiting for cookies
The cookies were so much fun! Clara didn't want to wait to decorate it before she started eating it!
Connor thought the green frosting was the coolest thing ever! I thought it was great that the kids were on one side of the counter decorating and eating cookies and the moms were on the other with their cameras. Too funny! Then Amy put in a Christmas movie and all of the kids sat down and watched it (for a while at least!). It was adorable to see all the kids sitting there in front of the tv. Cute. Well, our kids are ALWAYS cute. Then we made English muffin pizzas. Yummo. And a super yummy salad for the mommies. The kids sat in a circle and ate. Amy and Jess joined in. It was too funny. Then, since it was way past nap time, we decided it was time to pack up and go home. What a great time! Thanks for the fun Amy!

I thought was a super sweet picture, so I had to add it!

It started snowing again, not very hard, but it made me anxious to get home. I am ok with driving myself in the snow, but the tension builds up if my kids are in the car. I don't want other cars ANYWHERE near my car when my kids are with me and it is snowing. Grrr, the protective mama bear comes out in me! And I bite! Drive safe out there!

I am off the read Eclipse (book 3 in the Twilgiht series! Woo Hoo!)

2 comments:

  1. 18 kiddos under the age of 5~

    Yep, lots of kids and not one temper tantrum! They did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Great photos. I was so excited to see I made it on your blog :)

    I have set a goal of one a week; attainable, I think (I hope). Stay tuned!

    :)

    ReplyDelete